How we collect your Personal Data
- We collect personal data on you through the forms that you completed when you signed the contract to become a customer to Schimmel Distribution.
- We may also collect information from you on an ad hoc basis through face to face or email communication via the sales team.
- We record all phone calls for training and monitoring purposes.
What Personal Data we collect from you
As appropriate for the intended use of the information (described below), we collect certain personal data including (among other things) the name, address, phone number, mobile number and email address of your:
- Business owner or director (at contract setup stage).
- two trade representatives (as referees also at contract setup stage).
- the buying representative of your organisation and or a head office contact person.
- bank account details (for the purpose of collecting payment where Direct Debit selected).
- If you are a sole trader or partnership we further require your date of birth and home address history for the purpose of a credit search.
How we use this information
We will only use your information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data under the following conditions, to:
- perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- process and fulfil orders placed with us by you;
- pay us for those orders;
- request or receive sales promotional material; run promotional campaigns;
- deal with queries/concerns that have brought to our attention regarding our products or services;
- administrate and enable an ongoing contract with you;
- comply with our legal or regulatory obligations and responsibilities;
- provide good governance, accounting and managing of our business operations; use data analytics to improve our sales, products, services, marketing, website, decision making, customer relationships and to understand the effectiveness of the business processes we run;
- keep our records updated and study how our services are used;
- develop our services and grow our business and to run our business and administer ancillary services such as IT provision and network security.
How long we hold your information
Legal Basis for Holding your information
The legal bases Schimmel Distribution uses for processing your personal data are that it is necessary for:
the performance of a contract
compliance to meet the legal obligations
purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Schimmel Distribution
To whom we may provide your information
We disclose your information to:
- Other companies within our group and their employees to provide a wide-ranging service, based within NI;
- Market research companies to carry out market research, based within the UK;
- Suppliers who wish to measure their own brand sales regionally, based within the UK;
- Central Billing suppliers to make deliveries based in NI;
- Third party transport organisations to make deliveries, based in UK;
- Professional advisors where applicable (including lawyers, bankers and accountants), based in the UK;
- I.T. networking providers and payment solution providers based in the UK;
- HMRC regarding the Payroll Bureau, which is provided to Company owned outlets and external training organisations were appropriate based in the UK
These organisations process your information in order for us to provide services to you and to facilitate the purposes described previously. We will only ever do so as permitted by and in accordance with applicable data protection law.
How you can find out what information we hold about you
If at any time, you wish to know what information we hold about you, please contact Schimmel Distribution at:
5 Baronscourt Road, Newtownstewart, County Tyrone, BT78 4EX
Telephone: 028 8166 1122
028 8166 1133 (Line 2)
Your other rights over the information
Depending on the information we are using and under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to some of the information you provide that can identify you (which is known as personal data under data protection laws).
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data; and Right to withdraw consent.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at the address or email address above and let us know.
Your right to lodge a complaint
Please lodge a complaint in the first instance to: email@example.com
If, however, you are unhappy with how we have addressed your concerns you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The UK supervisory authority for data protection issues is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). (www.ico.org.uk)
Foodservice Cookies Policy
A cookie is a piece of information that is held on the hard drive of your computer which records how you have used a website. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information, such as whether the computer (and sometimes its user) has visited the site before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
Links to other websites
The https://schimmeldistribution.co.uk/ website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The legal basis for processing personal data (in the form of cookies), is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by Schimmel Distribution which is in the interests of the retailer.